Welcome to IPPTA World
The essential commitment of International Private Physical Therapy Association (IPPTA is to encourage and enhance the development and advancement of private practice in physical therapy globally.
IPPTA IS AN OFFICIAL SUB GROUP OF THE WORLD CONFEDERATION FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY (WCPT)
We are a non-governmental affiliation of Private Practice Organisations of National Physical Therapy Associations. It is a collaboration of international independent practitioners in physical therapy.
The Association is a nonprofit making organisation supported by annual subscriptions from its Members.
Association Members are the recognised national private physical therapy group of the parent Physical Therapy Associations which are members of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy.
Individual members of the national private physical therapy group of the National Member Organisation must also be members of the parent National Member Organisation.
The objectives of IPPTA are:
- To foster co-operation between private physical therapy organisations throughout the world.
- To encourage improved standards of private physical therapy practice.
- To advance private physical therapy practice by communication and exchange of information.
- To encourage research, promote opportunities and develop global knowledge of new developments in the field of private physical therapy practice.
- To organise at regular intervals, conferences and seminars on the business of physical therapy in private practice.
- To present a profile and representation of physical therapy at an international level.
- To support WCPT in representing physical therapy internationally.
- To engage in all necessary activities to further the best interests of WCPT.
- To encourage the development of national organisations of physical therapy that share the objectives of IPPTA.
The IPPTA membership shall be composed of national private physical therapy organisations that are recognised by the WCPT member organisation in that country. Only one organisation per country shall be eligible for membership.
A Private Practice Organisation may be admitted for membership, provided it meets the requirements laid down by the Executive of IPPTA.
A Private Physical Therapy Organisation that is the recognised Private Physical Therapy Organisation of its respective WCPT Member Organisation, may, whilst awaiting confirmation of Full Member status at a General Meeting, become a Member Elect for the period between approval by the Executive and confirmation of Membership at the next General Meeting.
An elected group of endorsed delegates consisting of a Chair, Vice- Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and one other Member representative.
Meetings of IPPTA
IPPTA business meetings are held in a different member country annually. The aim of these meetings is to create a network opportunity for members that will foster a culture of collaboration and trust among members toward the achievement of our objectives. General meetings are held every second year.
Become a Commercial Partner!
Through our international network of private physical therapist, advertising and marketing opportunities exist for companies who serve the physical therapy market globally. Contact email@example.com for detail information on how to become a commercial partner of IPPTA.